The Project Management Institute has in 2011 introduced an Agile Certification for Project Managers and others interested in learning more about the full life cycle of solution delivery and not just the process oriented aspects of it. Attendees to the course will see how Project Management becomes a Leadership focused rather than management focused activity. It’s not about paying lip service to Leadership, we hear that alot, rather it also drills down on the human factors on software delivery. Dealing with creative knowledge workers in the 21st Century, Project Management in the 21st Century means empowerment and support and this course provides you with this basis along side the tools and techniques to deliver great solutions.
Course Topics are:
- Agile Manifesto and Principles; comparison to predictive project management
- Jim Highsmith’s Agile Project Management Framework
- Estimation Techniques, User Stories, Story Points
- Value Based Prioritization (e.g. NPV, IRR)
- Agile Analysis Tools – Chartering, Product Backlog, Modeling
- Planning and Monitoring at the different levels
- Agile Product Quality (e.g. TDD, ATDD, eXtreme Programming)
- Agile Communications
- Negotiation Techniques (e,g, Servant Leadership, Conflict Resolution)
- Risk Management
- Agile Metrics (e.g. Velocity, Cycle Time)
- Lean Concepts applied to Knowledge Work, Systems Thinking
- Coaching, Leadership, Problem Solving, Stakeholder Management
- High performing teams
- Agile contracts, Adoption, Failure Modes
- Many exercises and games to reinforce concepts
Attendees receive 21 PDUs which is part of the pre-requisites prior to sitting the exam
Course Duration: 3 Days
Price: Public AUD 1550 per attendee, Call or email for in-house rates. Prices are ex GST.
For cancellations the policy is here.